[uf-new] hAudio contributor Issue

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Aug 4 06:05:17 PDT 2008

There are not many hAudio issues to be resolved, most of which are
pretty easy to deal with I think, most are just minor issues with the
Specification.

Issue 1  raised by Andy Mabbett
<http://microformats.org/wiki/User:AndyMabbett> in
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2008-January/011340.html

"the wording about |contributor| could be improved to facilitate more
streamlined mark-up"

The Point in question is this from
http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio#Contributor

> The contents of the element SHOULD include a valid hCard
>         Microformat

Andy Suggest that

        [...]

or
        [...]

Should be acceptable,
as well as (I would imagine) this

        [...]

Changing the spec to read

>         The contributor's *name* SHOULD also be marked up as a valid
> hCard
>         Microformat

Anyway I think this is a non issue because its more to do with parsing
and not the actual spec itself  I personally would not recommend that a
haudio contributor be marked up like this

        [...]

It expresses no semantics,  however this  does...

        [...]

vcards are people and places and can be associated directly with the
haudio tracks or albums they are embedded in.

The only way the current specification could be clarified more is by
adding ".. the contents of contributor MAY be specified in plain text"

If this does not cause any problems I would like to close this issue.

Thanks

Martin McEvoy