[uf-new] hProduct progress

Jay Myers jmyers at visi.com
Wed Aug 6 14:59:06 PDT 2008

All,

There is work being done on new standards and reviving the
hProduct microformat. During the course of this effort,
people have pointed to hListing as a more viable, mature
format for displaying product data. We proponents of
hProduct feel that a separate hProduct uF would be more
granular, and provide more specifics around the products,
which often are more complex and have important attributes
that are outside of the scope of hListing and others.
Please see the updated brainstorming and draft proposal
wiki pages for more information on the updated schema.

Nonetheless, there are still correlations between hListing
and hProduct that can't be ignored. It has been suggested
that hProduct be used in conjuction with hListing to
enhance the semantics of that format, where hProduct would
live under .item. This I agree with, but I would still
propose it also be used separately.

I would appreciate any thoughts or ideas you might have
around the revival effort of hProduct.

Thanks,

Jay