[uf-new] Opacity (Was: change haudio title to htitle.)

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 09:04:09 PDT 2008

Hello Toby...

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> There are really two problems being discussed here. Microformat
> opacity and class name clashes between microformats. A solution to the
> former problem relegates the latter to a mere matter of aesthetics; a
> solution to the latter problem does nothing for the former problem.
>
> To illustrate, say we solve the "title" problem by defining "htitle"
> as a common title/heading property. That alone will not solve:

>   <h1 class="htitle">My Thoughts for the Day</h1>
>     <h2 class="htitle">Foo Song Sucks</h2>
>       <h3 class="htitle">Foo Song</h3>

I think you misunderstand my proposal, I am not proposing that anything
should change in hAtom, hReview or any other existing Draft Microformat,
just hAudio, other in progress, or future microformat,  this is how the
proposal will work....

  <h1 class="entry-title">My Thoughts for the Day</h1>
    <h2 class="summary">Foo Song Sucks</h2>
      <h3 class="htitle">Foo Song</h3>

the only way it *could* be useful to hAtom is as an *extra* property
maybe as a feed title.

    <h1 class="htitle">My Blog Title</h1>
  <h2 class="entry-title">My Thoughts for the Day</h2>
    <h3class="summary">Foo Song Sucks</h4>
      <h4 class="htitle">Foo Song</h4>

Best Wishes

Martin McEvoy