[uf-new] Re: hAudio FN or Title

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Sat Feb 2 11:20:48 PST 2008

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-02-01 at 22:09 +000-, Andy Mabbett wrote:
>> The more I consider this, the more I am convinced that class names
>> should not be shared between microformats.
>
> For what its worth I think you may be right for example "fn" was only
> used in hcard this meant just the name of a person or organization,
> great stuff powerful and clearly defined. hAudio and hreview re-use "fn"
> to mean other things too, haudio it means, a title of a playlist, album,
> or track and the name of a contributor or organization

This is the start of an argument for namespaces:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Namespace

I have always been in favor of using namespaces, but it seems as if the
rest of the Microformats community are against the concept because of
the added complexity (and there certainly is added complexity).

Andy, Martin - are you proposing 'context-aware vocabularies' or
something similar to that?

Brian, Tantek - there is no need to pull in the entire Dublin Core
metadata vocabulary set. For example, all we would need to pull in for
hAudio would be 'dc-title' at this point. That or we would need to be
allowed to use 'title' for hAudio, since that is the word that makes the
most amount of sense for what we are describing.