[uf-new] Namespace anti-pattern and hAudio TITLE (was: hAudio FN or Title)

Guillaume Lebleu guillaume at lebleu.org
Mon Feb 4 10:14:07 PST 2008

Scott Reynen wrote:
> if past decisions don't appear to make sense, please ask for
> explanations of the thought behind them rather than assuming there was
> no thought.
Good point. So, I have a question: what is the explanation for
generalizing the use of "formatted name" outside of the context of the
name of a person? my understanding is that "formatted name" is useful
when there are names that also exist "unformatted", i.e. structured
format, such as first name, last name, etc. I don't see the use of
"formatted name" as relevant for a track name or an item name, etc.
since these typically aren't stored in tokenized form. More on this:
http://lebleu.org/blog/2008/02/02/the-meaning-of-vcards-fn/ Even vcard
does not reuse "fn" for the name of an organization.

Calling something that most English speaking people I know call "track
name" or "song title" something else that noone else I know uses outside
of microformats ("formatted name") is confusing to me and other people
on this list.

Thanks in advance for the explanation.

Guillaume