[uf-new] Namespace anti-pattern and hAudio TITLE (was: hAudio FN or Title)

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Feb 4 13:25:00 PST 2008

Hello Manu

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 15:17 -0500, Manu Sporny wrote:
> Then, I assert that your definition of what is and isn't a namespace
> is
> out of step with the common definition of a namespace

If "namespaces" did exist in microformats? it would make it impossible
to re-use other objects such as "title" in other microformats because
names in namespaces can only be declared once and only have one
contextual meaning?

No one actually will admit to the existence of a namespace in
microformats but there is lots of evidence suggesting otherwise.

either intentional or not, Microformats MAY have created their own
"namespace" of a kind I think?

Microformats declare a formal profile[1] in their proposals[2]

[1] http://gmpg.org/xmdp/
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio#XMDP_Profile

and then do this...

<head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">

very GRDDL Like

<head profile="http://www.w3.org/2003/g/data-view">

Maybe someone can explain to me why declare a profile if their isn't
some kind of metadata description at the end?

http://gmpg.org/xfn/11

Thanks

Martin McEvoy