[uf-new] PROPOSAL: Replace hAudio FN with TITLE

Martin McEvoy info at weborganics.co.uk
Tue Feb 12 17:32:20 PST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 18:30 -0500, Manu Sporny wrote:
> That is a very wise interjection... I agree, we should be asking "is
> it
> safe to say TITLE means title?"

Yes it is.

hcard "broke" itself when it was decided that "title" should be defined
as "Job title or functional position of the object" its very specific
and really only has something to do with a person when really should
have been referring to the "object"

A principle that I have always liked is Occam's Razor it says:

"For a given set of observations or data, there is always an infinite
number of possible models explaining those same data."

it goes on further to explain what this means in layman's terms:

"For example, through two data points in a diagram you can always draw a
straight line, and induce that all further observations will lie on that
line. However, you could also draw an infinite variety of the most
complicated curves passing through those same two points, and these
curves would fit the empirical data just as well. Only Occam's razor
would in this case guide you in choosing the "straight" (i.e. linear)
relation as best candidate model"

http://pespmc1.vub.ac.be/OCCAMRAZ.html

If we applied this principle to "title" which has many different
meaning's as we all know the definition would simply be "The title of
the object the hCard represents" which could then be re-used as simply
"The title of the object" I dont think this will "break" hcard in any
way It would enhance it further in my mind.

I may be just rambling again does this make any sense to any one else?

Thanks

Martin McEvoy