[uf-new] PROPOSAL: Replace hAudio FN with TITLE

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Wed Feb 13 12:29:28 PST 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 6:22 AM, Martin McEvoy wrote:

> This is what we do as a community isnt it? we tell people how badly
> they
> are marking up their websites, inform people of anti-patters,
> discourage
> any talk of namespaces because they have failed?

I think a key factor in microformats' success is that we generally
forego the standard approach to promoting better semantics, i.e.
chastising bad markup, and instead focus on establishing clear
benefits around good markup.  So I'd like to see that same approach
applied more to examinations of our own work, to make such
examinations more productive.  I also think it would be good for us to
rewrite all anti-patterns as proactive patterns, as people are more
likely to follow suggestions to do something right than suggestions to
avoid doing something wrong.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com