[uf-new] PROPOSAL: Replace hAudio FN with TITLE

Guillaume Lebleu guillaume at lebleu.org
Fri Feb 15 11:42:40 PST 2008

Chuck Allen wrote:
> Sarven Capadisli wrote:
>> AUDIO-TITLE would be the next logical option.
>
> A completely peanut gallery comment from someone has been following
> this thread -- One would think that as Microformats flourish across
> other domain areas, you'll run into this again. So thinking about a
> rationale/approach for when and how you fully qualify a "property
> term" with a pre-fixed "object class term" (as Sarven suggests) is
> likely a good thing.

It looks to me that the problem described by many can be either solved by:

    * recognizing root class value as name qualifiers (and possibly
      parent property class value).
    * using explicitly-qualified names.

Both solutions are technically equivalent, but have pros/cons.

In other words:

<foo class="audio">
   <foo class="title">...</foo>
</foo>

is the same as:

<foo class="audio-title">...</foo>

The former option reduces the overall number of names, and it has less
of a namespace flavor. The second option is more concise but has more of
a namespace prefix feel, and may encourage people to over-use them, just
like they did in the XML community, to guarantee that naming collisions
are avoided but losing at the same time the only incentive they had to
encourage semantic reuse across communities.

My preference is for the former.

My 2 cents,

Guillaume