[uf-new] PROPOSAL: Replace hAudio FN with TITLE

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Fri Feb 15 21:42:15 PST 2008

On Feb 15, 2008, at 5:34 PM, Ben Ward wrote:

> For my 2¢, I think the ‘audio-title’ route is OK

I agree.  I was just looking back over how we got here on this issue,
and I'm afraid it may be largely my fault.  When AUDIO-TITLE was
widely accepted, Brian said "what about FN?" and then Manu raised an
issue with FN and then I suggested a resolution for that issue, and
Manu agreed.  So we moved forward with FN, but in retrospect I think
it was a mistake to treat the resolution of one issue with FN as a
reason to go with FN over AUDIO-TITLE without ever really comparing
the alternatives.  I never saw a problem with AUDIO-TITLE.  I think I
just got so into defending FN that I stopped openly considering the
alternatives.  Now that I reconsider them, I agree with Ben that AUDIO-
TITLE looks OK.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com