[uf-new] PROPOSAL: Replace hAudio FN with TITLE

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Fri Feb 22 13:25:57 PST 2008

Ryan King wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2008, at 9:42 PM, Scott Reynen wrote:
>
> This sounds like a good way forward to me. Any reason why audio-title
> shouldn't be reconsidered?

I'd like Ben Ward and Brian Suda to clarify their positions before we
move on. Of those that have given their position on FN vs. TITLE, Brian
and Ben are the only ones that were opposed to the idea of using TITLE.
I'm attempting to arrange a phone call with each of them to understand
their positions in more depth. Namely:

- What exactly will be hurt by generalizing TITLE's definition?
- How could this break hCard?

If the decision is between AUDIO-TITLE and TITLE, I'd still argue for
TITLE. IMHO, it is easier to author, can be re-used, makes more sense to
those new to Microformats, and is still coherent with the English language.

We must be fair to all involved in this discussion. I believe that we
have learned much by talking about this, and should let Brian and Ben
respond before we move on. Namely, because this decision is dependent on
their responses. :)