[uf-new] New proposed microformat: hProject

Jonas Pfenniger zimbatm at oree.ch
Sat Jan 12 14:45:53 PST 2008

Hi Klaus, thanks for your input.

> It seems to me, you mean "hproject" in the meaning of software projects.
> But there are many other kinds of products or services
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project

It is right that I have a software-inclined vision of a Project but I
hope that other people here will help me to keep it right :)

> imho the most important attribute is the temporary character, so you
> should include hCalendar as an basic format. Or you make an undergroup
> of hCalendar.

I don't know. I am not really familiar with hCalendar but it seems to
me that time is not necessarily central to a project. Yes, you have a
start date and maybe a location but I don't see more correlations. For
example, the "attending/participating" people often have a hierarchy
and a role in a software project. This is something external people
could be interested in. I never say a calendar software with such
features because you probably already know the place of your boss if
you have an appointment with :)

--
Cheers,
  zimbatm