[uf-new] Metadata/machine-readable data patterns

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Fri Mar 14 13:25:43 PST 2008

+1 for <input type="hidden">

Has someone tested this with a screen reader?

I'm surprised that an <input> is valid without being nested inside a
<form>, but pleasantly so.

This syntax seems no more difficult to parse than <abbr
title="something"> and using a standards-compliant attribute to
identify hidden text is far better than keeping visible something that
is meant only for machines.

And it isn't _really_ hiding anything.  The human-readable equivalent
text is still very visible, and has exactly the same meaning as the
value="something".

--Bob.

>>> 14 Mar 2008 20:50  Nelson Menezes <microformats-
new at microformats.org>  >>>