[uf-new] Re: Media Microformat

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 12:02:32 PST 2008

Martin McEvoy wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I would like to inform you that the Media Examples Anyalisis has at
> last been completed please see
> http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-examples.
> The full results and discovered schema for a Media Microformat is
> available here:
> http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-brainstorming#Schema.
>
> Thanks

I would also like to inform you that a Media Info Proposal is now
available for viewing and comments

http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-proposal

One point I would like to bring up now is that  the proposal supports a
new element called comment

http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-proposal#comment

I didn't want to create anything new to mark up the contents of a
comment, I just reused hcard eg:

hcard properties used are:

    *  fn The name of the person who authored a comment
    * url A URI of the person who authored a comment.
    * note To specify a comment that is associated with the person who
authored a comment. Contents can be text or Valid html mark up
    * rev Datetime of the revision of the entire coment. This element
SHOULD use the datetime-design-pattern.
    * uid A unique URI identifier of a comment, typically a "permalink"
to a comment

Toby has raised an issue with this because it is bending the definition
of a few properties from hcard, but I am not too sure, hcard properties
are primarily used for people and organizations but also for Objects, A
solution to this is use hAtom hentry for this, which I tentatively agree
with, But for one or two  Problems, It would lose rev and uid, these are
important because every time someone gives feedback on say a blog post,
they are creating a new revision of a document(rev),  also if a
identifier(uid) of the comment. Another thought I have on this Is Are
people leaving their contact information and a note when they give
feedback on something?

Has anyone any More thoughts on this?

Thanks

--