[uf-new] Media Microformat

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Mon Nov 10 17:05:38 PST 2008

Hello Tantek

Tantek Çelik wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Hello all
>>
>> I would like to inform you that the Media Examples Anyalisis has at last
>> been completed please see http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-examples.
>> The full results and discovered schema for a Media Microformat is available
>> here: http://microformats.org/wiki/media-info-brainstorming#Schema.
>>

> Martin,
>
> Excellent analysis and summary on the media info examples. It's good
> to see this making progress.

Thank you..
> The only suggested feedback/improvement I have at this time is to
> consider the principle of modularity:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/principles
>
> and perhaps separate out a few bits, thus simplifying a potential
> media info microformat.
>
> That is, see how much of a media info posting can be marked up as an
> hAtom entry, and then produce a media info schema based on what
> remains, rather than what hAtom has already marked up, e.g.
> * published
> * comment - should probably go into an iteration of hAtom or a

I think  re-use hAtom too I have done for a long time,  but when I
mentioned placing media-info in the domain of hAtom, It received quite a
lot of push back from the community [1] I got "talked" out of the whole
idea, I thought maybe I shouldn't go there again this time, but now the
evidence is In so to speak, It was the right thought to begin with.

[1]
http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-new/2007-April/000120.html
> separate microformat instead, see existing work:
> http://microformats.org/wiki/comment (links to a lot of pre-existing work)

I looked at comment but It doesn't seem to have got very far, and has
not got much in the way of examples But seems to mostly concern itself
with , I have already analysed 25 really good examples of Comments, so
maybe I should add what I know to that and go from there? my only
concern is wasn't a comment microformat(hcomment) depreciated?

> Also, for "alternate", see http://microformats.org/wiki/alternates (ditto).

I wasn't aware of that discussion, thanks.

Thanks for your valuable feedback

Best Wishes

--
Martin McEvoy