[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Fri Nov 14 06:30:23 PST 2008

David Janes wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Martin McEvoy <martin at weborganics.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> David Janes wrote:
>>
>>> Just so I get this straight, what's the official Wiki pages we're
>>> using  to capture all of this?
>>>

>> http://microformats.org/wiki/comment
>>
>> ;-)
>>

> Excellent. I've added the proposal from the photo here [1]
>
> Regards, etc...
>
> [1] http://microformats.org/wiki/comment-brainstorming#Schema_II

Thank you David for your input

I have Issues about this approach

"if there is no Entry Title for a comment, it can be assumed to be empty
or the blog post title (investigate current atom feeds) "

the atom:title element should not be empty...

"It is advisable that each atom:entry element contain a non-empty
atom:title element"

http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/atom-format-spec.php#rfc.section.4.1.1.1
(Providing Textual Content).

To exclude the entry-title element I would recommend a comment use the
value of "fn" presented in a contextual way eg:

by Author
Author said
Author says
etc...

Also, Are there any parsers that will digest nested <hfeed> elements ?

Thanks

--
Martin McEvoy

http://weborganics.co.uk/