[uf-new] Re: Comment Questions

Scott Reynen scott at makedatamakesense.com
Sat Nov 15 13:08:15 PST 2008

On [Nov 15], at [ Nov 15] 1:01 , Martin McEvoy wrote:

> I and Sarven are both staying on topic ie: "a comment" and are just
> focusing on the "real world" examples

Which real world examples?  How do they relate to your proposals?  The
connections you see are apparently not as obvious to everyone else.
Please explain more how you arrived at your proposals.

> Please do not make any proposals towards a nested comment, as this
> is "off topic"

Please explain why it's off topic in terms of the examples and the
problem statement.  In a group discussion, being on topic doesn't help
much if you're unable to get everyone on the same topic.  The
collected examples and problem statement establish a common basis for
discussion.  Let's use it.

On [Nov 15], at [ Nov 15] 1:46 , David Janes wrote:

> I opened every single example in
> comment-examples [2] and every single one (excepting Haloscan, which
> seem to be utterly isolated from posting context) uses document
> structure to show the relationship. None that I noticed had a A.href
> link that a "rel-in-reply-to" could be hung on to.

This is what I think we need to do more.  Even if you still disagree,
I hope you can see how David making his argument in terms of the
examples makes his points easier for everyone to discuss.

--
Scott Reynen
MakeDataMakeSense.com