[uf-new] hAudio issue D2 "title"

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Tue Sep 2 08:29:28 PDT 2008

Scott Reynen wrote:
> I don't think this discussion necessarily needs to prolong finishing the
> initial version of hAudio.  If we're agreed that we need a general
> mechanism for publishers to indicate relevant context of the assertions
> they're publishing, we should be able to move forward with hAudio while
> treating potential embedding issues as out-of-scope for hAudio.  Calling
> it "out-of-scope" doesn't actually solve the problem, of course, but our
> evidence-based process means assuming it will be solved outside hAudio
> may be the best way to ensure it actually is.

Perhaps, and this would be the easiest way forward. However, if we move
hAudio forward without fixing this issue, there will be less desire to
fix the 'mfo' issue.

The same thing that has happened every time this has happened will
happen again: People won't have a desire to work on mfo because it's not
blocking progress on anything.