[uf-new] hAudio issue D2 "title"

Martin McEvoy martin at weborganics.co.uk
Wed Sep 3 15:37:22 PDT 2008

Manu Sporny wrote:
> Martin McEvoy wrote:
>
>> Resoulution 4: Change |"title"| back to |"fn"| .
>>
>> http://microformats.org/wiki/haudio-issues#D2:_2008-01-10_hAudio_Title_was_Overloading_.22fn.22.
>>
>> Please add your support to the wiki with a +1 or -1
>>

> +1 for changing hAudio "TITLE" back to "FN".
>
> This assumes that we're going to deal with the mfo/hItem/scoping issue -
> which I hope we do soon.
>
> Just want to make it clear that I'm voting for this not because I
> believe it is the best solution, but because I believe that we've
> exhausted the options that do/don't work for those on this list and are
> having to compromise on this issue in order to get hAudio to Draft stage.

Well said Manu,

I placed this option on the Issues wiki because really everyone wasn't
given a full range of options, I thought you should ;-)

I have also supported using "fn" (as a second choice) because really
this issue is the only thing holding up this round of issues.

I dont like "fn"  because:

1. Audio titles contain a song name and and artist.
2. Audio titles contain a song name and date (podcasts).
3. Audio titles contain just a song name.

using "fn" is stretching the semantics of fn a bit far I think audio
titles are a bit more than just a name and they don't have any format or
tokenized data as such.

that being said I can live with it.

Best Wishes

Martin McEvoy