[uf-new] hAudio/Audio RDF clarification (possible admin moderation request)

Manu Sporny msporny at digitalbazaar.com
Mon Sep 15 16:55:10 PDT 2008

Attached is a personal e-mail that I received today regarding my
intentions towards hAudio and Audio RDF. I will be responding publicly
to what I perceive as an attack on my efforts surrounding hAudio, Audio
RDF, Microformats and RDFa.

I am hesitant to make this a public issue as I don't want to waste
anybody's time, but also do not want any sort of mis-information to be
spread or assumptions made about my intentions with regard to hAudio,
Audio RDF, the Microformats community or RDFa. This is a way of
documenting this issue publicly, so that there is no question with
regard to insinuations of non-transparency. I feel that I must respond
to these allegations, even though I deem them to have no merit, to
prevent people from getting the wrong impression.

This conversation started on the RDFa mailing list:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Sep/0037.html

Attached is a private e-mail I received a little over an three hours ago
from Martin McEvoy. I'm surprised as it is out of character for him to
be this aggressive, but I certainly don't want this to get out of hand.
I'll publicly respond to his comments, as he has asked me to do, in case
anybody else has been under the same mistaken set of impressions.