[uf-new] nutrition-facts in XHTML

thomas thomas at stray.net
Thu Jul 23 01:33:42 PDT 2009

Hi Christian,

I too think this is a great idea! As the editor of hRecipe I advanced
the "nutrition" property as a part of hRecipe but that was mainly
because I saw the need for this property. I never thought that it
should necessarily be part of hRecipe. In fact I do think too that it
would make more sense as a vocabulary on it's own (but I was to lame
to start the effort...). As you rightly point out a lot of products do
(and have to) publish nutritional information. Recipes otoh only
contain nutritional information when they are published by the big
recipe sites on the web. These publish most of the recipes on the web
but are only a small fraction of the recipe publishing sites. All in
all the "nutrition" property does make great sense in hRecipe but it
is neither an exclusive nor a central part of it.
Of course I would be glad if you could adopt the property "nutrition"
without changing the name since that would save me from the
embarrassement of having to change the property set of hRecipe :-)

Ciao,
Thomas