[uf-new] Using external Data with Flash

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Mon Jun 29 17:03:59 PDT 2009

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for getting interested in microformats!

First up, query and discussion threads should be directed to the microformats-discuss at microformats.org
  mailing list, please; [microformats-new] is focused on the actual
development of new formats, so your question won't necessarily have
reached the right audience here. Thanks!

I'm crossposting this over to microformats-discuss for you, so any
future replies should please drop µf-new from the reply header. Thanks!

On 27 Jun 2009, at 17:08, Konrad Röpke wrote:

> I want to program a possibility to access an external file online on
> a server with a Flashfile. Would that be possible also with an
> hCalender file? Thanks for any help or recommendations.

Could you clarify a little what you want to do?

If you're trying to parse hCalendar within a Flash application, you
might be able to reuse some of the JavaScript code from the Operator
parser to create JavaScript objects. See http://microformats.org/wiki/operator

Cheers,

Ben