[uf-new] Question About "Magazine Article" microformat.

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 14:55:42 PDT 2010

I'm a rookie web developer and still quite new at trying to understand
and use microformats on my own web site. I've been poking aroung the
Microformats web site and wiki looking for a microformat for magazine
articles posted online. I haven't been able to find anything. I'd like
to ask if there has been any work or discussion on a microformat for
this purpose. It may be that a magazine article is to general of a
concept for a microformat, but some possible standard elements seemed
to pop into my mind, like title, publication date, abstract, author,
publication, and magazine issue.

Perhaps an XHTML compound would be more appropriate than a
microformat? I bumped into the term XHTML compound on the process wiki
page, but I'm not extremely clear on how it differs from a
microformat.

At any rate, I wanted to bounce this topic by the mailing list to see
if I was missing any previous work done in this area. I'd like to know
if this concept has been explored, discarded as a bad idea, or if
there is current work being done that I might help with.

Thanks,

The Sunburned Surveyor