[uf-new] Proposal: rel="meeko-decor"

Sean Hogan shogun70 at westnet.com.au
Sat Dec 17 13:31:36 PST 2011

I have been developing a concept which I am calling HTML Decor.

It allows all the generic aspects of a page - banners, site-navigation,
page-layout, footers, stylesheets and scripts - to be moved to a shared
"decor" page, leaving only the essential content and meta-data in the
page itself. This goal is similar to that of HTMLoverlay by Daniel Glazman:
     http://disruptive-innovations.com/zoo/20040830/HTMLoverlays.html
     http://www.glazman.org/weblog/
but the approach is quite different and (hopefully) more effective and
powerful.

I've written a couple of articles introducing the concept and my
javascript implementation:
http://meekostuff.net/blog/HTML-Decor-I/
<http://meekostuff.net/blog/HTML-Decor-I/>
http://meekostuff.net/blog/HTML-Decor-II/
<http://meekostuff.net/blog/HTML-Decor-II/>

I've been using <link rel="meeko-decor" type="text/html"
href="path/to/decor.html" /> to reference the decor document for a page,
so I guess it is appropriate that I propose this concept and rel-value
for addition to the HTML5 link type extensions.

What is the process I follow to do that?

Do I:
- write a draft spec for the concept
- create an account
- edit