[uf-new] restarting the [citation] microformat effort

Tim White tjameswhite at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 06:39:27 PDT 2012

Tantek,

Thank you!

I gave up on the citation format years ago because everyone wanted to
solve every possible scenario from the outset. I just wanted a way to
mark up a book title -- clean and simple. On my own (years ago) I used
simple markup such as <cite class="book"></cite>. All I ever wanted
was a better version of that.

It looks like, after just a quick glance, that that is what you are
going for. No one seemed to understand that we needed to start with a
small, specific problem, get it working, *then* we can fill in more
detail as (if) needed. All of Dublin core doesn't need to be mapped.

I'll try to find some time to look over your brainstorming in more detail.

Tim White