[uf-new] FW: Bibliographical Entitities

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Mon Dec 3 17:00:32 PST 2012

2012/9/6 Caroli <caroli at gmx.li>

> In the specifications I miss some microformat for bibliographical entities (e.g. books, essays, reviews, series, magazines etc.)

Hi Caroli, apologies for the late reply.

Over the years there has been a lot of effort put into
researching/developing a citation/bibliography microformat:

http://microformats.org/wiki/citations

> A basis could be ONYX or formats of literature administration software (e.g. Refwork or Endnote)

I have not heard of ONYX, but there's some referencing of Refwork and
Endnote on the citation-formats page:
http://microformats.org/wiki/citation-formats

Most recently I've tried restarting the citation microformat effort
with a narrower (simpler) focus, purely on web citations, take a look:

http://microformats.org/wiki/citation-brainstorming#web_citations

Thanks,

Tantek