[uf-rest] Microformats implementation

Larry Staton Jr. statonjr at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:18:36 PST 2005

On 11/18/05, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> I finally had time to look at this -- very cool!  You are probably be
> the first ahah-enabled site on the web!

Thanks, Ernie. I suspect more sites will implement ahah in the
near-future as it seems much easier to implement than AJAX. I use
script.aculo.us and moo.fx with some internal Rails apps and they work
very well for what I need, but ahah worked so much better for my
personal site. Use the proper tool for the purpose at hand, I suppose.

> My only question is about your use of hCard -- when I select
> "Contact" it doesn't not seem to be recognized by the GreaseMonkey
> script.  Is that because of the display:none issue Tantek mentioned,
> or something else?

I'm having the same problem with GreaseMonkey. I can't get the script
to work on *any* hCard as shown at
<http://microformats.org/wiki/Greasemonkey> nor with any other example
on the hCard page.

--