[uf-rest] comparing AHAH and AJAX

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Nov 18 13:23:36 PST 2005

On 11/18/05 12:18 PM, "Larry Staton Jr." <statonjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/18/05, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
>> I finally had time to look at this -- very cool!  You are probably be
>> the first ahah-enabled site on the web!
>
> Thanks, Ernie. I suspect more sites will implement ahah in the
> near-future as it seems much easier to implement than AJAX. I use
> script.aculo.us and moo.fx with some internal Rails apps and they work
> very well for what I need, but ahah worked so much better for my
> personal site. Use the proper tool for the purpose at hand, I suppose.

Larry,

This is very good feedback.

I think there is a very good opportunity here to write up your contrasting
experiences between AHAH and AJAX.  Perhaps start a page on the twiki, even
just a few notes about which problems you solved more easily with AHAH and
why etc.?

 http://microformats.org/wiki/rest/ahah-and-ajax

Thanks,

Tantek