[uf-rest] REST opacity and URL schemes.

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Sat Apr 22 20:51:33 PDT 2006

Hi David,

Looks good, but instead of:

>   #  PUT    /books/4      --> { :controller => "books", :action =>
> "update", :id => 4 }

I would actually recommend using "POST" in place of "PUT":

>   #  POST    /books/4      --> { :controller => "books", :action =>
> "update", :id => 4 }

If I understand Rails correctly, you are usually submitting key-value
pairs of a modified record, which is NOT identical to the _actual_
row of the table.  Thus, "POST" would actually be the correct
semantics for what you are trying to accomplish.

-- Ernie P.