[uf-rest] Ruby/Rails helper for Microformats?

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar drernie at opendarwin.org
Thu Aug 31 21:13:17 PDT 2006

Hi David,

On Aug 31, 2006, at 5:49 PM, David Heinemeier Hansson wrote:
> So I think the road to microformats is still through mapping. I
> don't see the benefits yet being so powerful that they get to call
> the shots in domain modeling, but that may well depend on your
> situation. So if you feel that its the case for you, I'd be happy
> to see experiments in that way.
>
> But in summary: Get a plugin going for this. That's how the new
> REST support got its start (Simply Restful).

Thanks for the advice.  So, what should such a plug-in do?  Define
method names for common microformat elements, so that they can be
invoked from rhtml files? Like (I presume) Assaf is doing:

http://blog.labnotes.org/2006/08/25/microformats-helper-for-ruby-on-
rails/

Or is there a better way?

-- Ernie P.