[uf-rest] WADL: Web application description language

Bosko Milekic bosko.milekic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:26:21 PST 2006

On 12/12/06, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> One perennial topic of interest on this list is whether it is
> possible to create a RESTful analogue of WSDL: a machine-parseable
> description of the site's API.

FWIW personally I prefer convention over such a liberal specification.
 For instance, the AtomAPI's introspection stuff paired with the
conventions that the AtomAPI implies (for example see
http://bitworking.org/rfc/draft-gregorio-07.html#rfc.section.5.1.1)
seems fine by me.

It's also worth noting, just FWIW, that Rails adopts a lot of the
conventions specified in AtomAPI w.r.t. accessing resources and
collections of resources.

-Bosko

--
Bosko Milekic <bosko.milekic at gmail.com>