[uf-rest] WADL: Web application description language

Bosko Milekic bosko.milekic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:26:21 PST 2006

On 12/12/06, Dr. Ernie Prabhakar <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> One perennial topic of interest on this list is whether it is
> possible to create a RESTful analogue of WSDL: a machine-parseable
> description of the site's API.

FWIW personally I prefer convention over such a liberal specification.
 For instance, the AtomAPI's introspection stuff paired with the
conventions that the AtomAPI implies (for example see
seems fine by me.

It's also worth noting, just FWIW, that Rails adopts a lot of the
conventions specified in AtomAPI w.r.t. accessing resources and
collections of resources.

Bosko Milekic <bosko.milekic at gmail.com>