[uf-rest] Introducing JAHAH

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Thu Jan 5 11:33:32 PST 2006

Dr. Ernie Prabhakar wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> Welcome to the list, and thanks for this innovative contribution!
>
> I do have one concern, though.   JSON sounds an awful lot like YAML and
> (especially around here) XOXO:
>
> http://www.yaml.org/
> http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo
> http://microformats.org/discuss/mail/microformats-discuss/2005-September/001020.html
>

> My preference would be to use XOXO as the transport, so that *all*
> intermediate data is legal HTML.  Would that be possible/desirable
> within the JSON metaphor? If not, why not?

Hi Ernie,

JSON is the real deal -- there's lots of people using and many sites are
  already supporting it (for example [1]). Furthermore, the technique
that JSON uses to load data -- dynamic script loading -- will only work
if the result is valid Javascript.

Regards, etc...

[1] http://del.icio.us/help/json