[uf-rest] Microformats for <form> ?

sixtus at gmail.com sixtus at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 02:30:03 PST 2006

Hello all,

coming back to the question "what actually is a service?" with a RESTified
perspective, I had the following line of thinking:

REST (using as a synonym to HTTP/1.1) proclaims that a GET should be an
idempotent description of the resource, e.g. the service I may invoke via a
POST (assuming a service to be a resource needing a certain input to produce
desired output).

For ws-* people that description might be a WSDL, for normal people, this
will probably be a <form>.

Enough intro to my question: Anybody using microformats to markup forms?
Something along the line "I am a service, this is my <form> expecting the
following microformats".

Does that make sense? Feedback welcome!

Cheers

Hagen
--
Dissertations are a successful walk through a minefield -- summarizing them
is not. - Roy Fielding