Audio Metadata Formats
- XSPF - XML playlist format created by Xiph.
- Music Brainz XML Metadata Format - Music Brainz artist, album and track metadata format.
OGG Comment Specification
- OGG Comment Specification - Comment specification for Ogg Vorbis files.
- OGG Tagging Specification - Optional comment specification for Ogg files.
- Bitmunk Media Info XML - Media information XML format for describing audio and collections of audio.
AVI is a container format for Audio/Video formats.
B4S is a playlist format.
Creative Commons RDF
- The Music Ontology is a community project aiming at providing a RDF vocabulary for expressing various music-related information, from complex editorial information (this is a cell-phone recording of a performance of Ferde Grofé's arrangement of Gershwin's "Rhapsody in Blue") to temporal annotation (The pianist was playing in E at that particular time), and simple editorial metadata (This album holds these tracks, was produced by this person, and this track was re-released on that compilation).
Free Lossless Audio Codec (FLAC)
M3U is a playlist format.
Matroska MKV/MKA are video and audio containers, respectively.
PLS is a playlist format.
WAX is an SGML-based playlist for that looks exactly like ASX and WVX, except that it can only reference to ASF or WMA, but NOT to WMV files.