One of many sets of hCard examples in the wild.
Welcome! If you have an account on any of the following services, you already have an hCard which you can provide to other services to import or subscribe your profile information. The ability to syndicate your profile from the service of your choice is a key component of social-network-portability.
- short URL
Services with hCard profiles and OpenID
The following web sites support both hCard on user profiles and the ability to use your user profile as an OpenID. Alphabetically sorted. Feel free to add sites with hCard profiles that are also OpenID URLs here. Please include a link to the site home page (or implementations entry).
With rel=me support:
Sites that supported hCard profiles and OpenID that have gone offline, perhaps permanently, or have otherwise been sold/transferred/reset:
All services with hCard profiles
The following web sites support hCard on their user profiles and are thus suitable for importing/subscribing to other sites that support hCard. Sites that you can also use as your OpenID are annotated with a OpenID icon following the name of the site.
Alphabetically sorted. Feel free to add all sites with hCard profiles here. Please include a link to the site home page (or implementations entry), and instructions for retrieving your user profile URL on that site. If the site's user profile URLs can also be used as OpenIDs, please add the OpenID icon following the name of the site.
- 3eep - each user's public profile is located at http://3eep.com/users/userNameHere
- Add-ons for Firefox - e.g. Michael Kaply
- ArtistServer - each user's public profile is located at http://www.artistserver.com/userURLHere
- Bepenfriends- free online dating service - public profile of each user is located at http://www.bepenfriends.com/penpals/profilessearch/freedatingview-<memberid>-.asp an example of a user profile is Albert Arul Prakash
- Beta ID
- Book of Cooks - each user's public profile. Example http://www.bookofcooks.com/cook/1582
- bragster - each user's public profile is located at http://www.bragster.com/member/username
- Brightkite - each user's public profile is located at http://www.brightkite.com/people/username. In addition, each place's public profile is located at http://www.brightkite.com/places/place_id
- ClaimID - each user's public profile is located at http://claimid.com/userNameHere
- Contatti-MSN.net - user's profiles are located at http://www.contatti-msn.net/MSN_CONTACT.html - e.g.: instantempo
- Cork'd - login and copy the URL which should start with http://www.corkd.com/people/
- DandyID.org - hCard on user profiles, and a hCard widget for users blogs/sits/etc. (login to see the widget). Profile e.g. http://www.dandyid.org/beta/users/user_id/3
- Digg - e.g. http://digg.com/users/tantek
- Django People — profiles are at djangopeople.net/username e.g. http://djangopeople.net/simon/
- Dopplr — Example public profile: http://www.dopplr.com/traveller/adactio - non-public profiles may require login to view.
- Dribbble profiles - e.g. Dan Cederholm, and index page for users as well: Dribbble Players.
- Email Verify
- Facebook - not sure how to find someone's public profile URL, e.g. Andrei Zmievski but when found it appears to have support for valid fn+photo+url properties, including representative-hcard support!
- Ficlets — profiles are located at ficlets.com/authors/username e.g. http://ficlets.com/authors/adactio
- Flickr - login, click "Your Photos", click "Profile", and copy the URL which should start with http://flickr.com/people/
- Gaia Community - e.g. http://sphorbis.gaia.com/ - built by Zaadz
- GitHub - e.g. Chris Wanstrath
- go-windows.de - e.g. gdi
- Google+ - e.g. Tantek's Google+ profile. View your profile at http://www.google.com/s2/profiles/me (will redirect you)
- Huffduffer profiles are located at http://huffduffer.com/username — Example public profile: http://huffduffer.com/clagnut
- Identica - e.g. Evan Prodromou
- idleaf - profiles are located at http://idleaf.com/IDENTITY_ID - e.g.: http://idleaf.com/ID4184
- ImThere - profiles are located at http://imthere.com/users/USERNAME
- Informationsarchiv.net - each user's public profile. Example http://www.informationsarchiv.net/users/3/
- Jaiku — profiles are located at username.jaiku.com e.g. http://adactio.jaiku.com/
- JPG Magazine - each user's public profile is located at http://jpgmag.com/people/userNameHere, e.g. http://jpgmag.com/people/jpd
- Keevu.com - profiles are located at http://www.keevu.com/users/USERNAME - e.g.: Zheileman
- Last FM - profiles are located at http://last.fm/user/USERNAME, includes fn, photo, url.
- LinkedIn - login, click on "My Profile" in the top blue bar, then click on "Public Profile" and copy the URL in the page after "Your current URL is:" which should start with http://www.linkedin.com/pub/ or http://www.linkedin.com/in/. Note: LinkedIn profiles include an hResume for you in addition to your hCard.
- Ma.gnolia - each user's public profile is located at http://ma.gnolia.com/people/userNameHere . Note: issue(s).
- Mixx - profiles are located at http://www.mixx.com/users/USERNAME e.g. http://www.mixx.com/users/jgarber
- MyOpenID - profiles are located at http://USERNAME.myopenid.com e.g. http://tantek.myopenid.com/
- MySpace -- Profile 2.0 supports hCard, e.g.http://myspace.com/irhetoric. Profile 1.0 users must opt-in to upgrade their profile to 2.0.
- Nsyght - Visit your profile page. Should look like this: http://www.nsyght.com/friends/[username]/, e.g. sample profile.
- NYTimes TimesPeople - e.g. http://timespeople.nytimes.com/view/user/19390043/1/index.html
- Obsidian Portal - Your profile page is located at http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/USERNAME, e.g. Micah's profile.
- OSocial Network - add the OpenSocial application into your social network, then in OSocial.net Web site you will be able to get your hCard profile
- qmpeople - Uses hCard+XFN for profiles (http://www.qmpeople.com/users/[username] - e.g. laserion)
- Qoolife uses hCard for public profiles of doctors (https://www.qoolife.com/en/users/[username] ex: Dr Garrido.
- Radar - http://radar.net/people/radarname
- Revish — profiles are located at revish.com/people/username e.g. http://www.revish.com/people/adactio
- SciPeople Uses hCard+XFN for profiles (http://[username].scipeople.com/)
- skateboardspot.info (The site doesn't provide, but supports OpenID to login and register) — Log in, and click on your username in the top right corner. You'll see your user page which also is your hCard. Just copy the URL and you're done.
- SlideShare - profile at http://www.slideshare.net/USERNAME, e.g. Jeremy Keith's profile
- Stack Overflow - e.g. Jeff Atwood
- www.sustainlane.com - Profile at http://www.sustainlane.com/members/[user id] Example
- Tangler - click on a person's profile to navigate to their profile which is marked up with hCard http://www.tangler.com/people/id/ - where "id" is the user number of that person.
- Technorati - login, click on the "Signed in as username" username link at the top right of the page, and copy the URL which should start with http://technorati.com/profile/
- Threadless - select "My Account" and then "Profile Page". URL looks like http://www.threadless.com/profile/123987/username
- Travellerspoint - In use on all member profiles. URLs look like http://www.travellerspoint.com/member_profile.cfm?user=UsernameHere (e.g., Peter)
- Twitter - login, click on "Your profile" at the top, and copy the URL. supported since 2007-05-07. See also issues.
- Upcoming - login, click on the "Welcome, username!" username link at the top right of the page, and copy the URL which should start with http://upcoming.org/user/
- Videntity.org - e.g. http://danda.videntity.org/
- Vimeo — e.g. http://www.vimeo.com/user196031
- Vox - profile URL is http://USERNAME.vox.com/profile/ e.g. http://daveman692.vox.com/profile/ (note issue: empty "n" property. fix: remove "n" from class attribute).
- Yedda - e.g. http://yedda.com/people/8625713501419/ built by Zaadz
- TripsByTips - profiles are located at http://www.tripsbytips.de/USERNAME/profil like Profil Inga, includes fn, nickname, photo, url.
- Weebly - profile URL is http://USERNAME.weebly.com/profil-pelukis.html e.g. http://idaniagati.weebly.com/profil-pelukis.html is the profile for Ida Niagati
- Zerply is a profile creation site and supports hCard, e.g. http://zerply.com/AlessandraSutto/. Zerply also supports domain aliasing, e.g. http://www.marycrosse.com/ is a hosted Zerply site.
- ... add more sites (alphabetically sorted please) that support hCard, including instructions for finding and copying your profile URL.
Sites that supported hCard user profiles that have gone offline, perhaps permanently, or have otherwise been sold/transferred/reset:
- supported hCard profiles at least from sometime in 2006 to 2008-03-15 when the site went offline. Past instructions to get profile URL: login, click on your name or "My Profile" link, copy the URL which looks like http://consumating.com/profiles/userNameHere
- Identoo - e.g. sample profile
- supported hCard profiles at least from sometime in 2007 to 2009-01-31 when the site went offline. Past instructions to get profile URL: login, click on the "Home" link at the top, and copy the URL.
- SyncUp - used to be able to create a free account, choose what information to expose to public or specific people, then get the hcard in your profile page.
Sites that used to support hCard but lost it in some upgrade:
- LiveJournal (see also LiveJournal implementation page entry) - login, click on the "Profile" link, and copy the URL which should start with http://USERNAME.livejournal.com/profile where USERNAME is your LJ username. E.g. .
- Plaxo - create a nickname in your settings, then go to NICKNAME.myplaxo.com (e.g. http://joseph.myplaxo.com) and copy the URL
- yiid (your internet id) - profile URL is http://USERNAME.yiid.com/ e.g. http://pfefferle.yiid.com/
Services that import hCard profiles
The following web sites support importing your existing hCard user profile, e.g. from the above sites, or your own page. Feel free to add sites supporting hCard user profile import to the appropriate section here. Please include a link to the site home page, and instructions for how to import your existing hCard user profile to the site.
import and subscribe on sign-up
Site(s) that allow you to import and subscribe to your hCard user profile when signing-up.. Alphabetically sorted.
- Satisfaction Inc. - go to their sign in and registration page, choose the service of your existing profile or "Other..." and enter your profile URL (which you can retrieve as described above), and click "Get Profile". Then check "[x] Subscribe to this profile". Note: issue(s).
See subscribe-to-hcard for more notes on implementing subscribing to a user's hCard to automatically update their profile information.
import on sign-up
Site(s) that allow you to import your hCard user profile to sign-up. Alphabetically sorted.
- bragster - go to the sign-up page, click on the service logo of your existing profile, or the microformats logo for 'other' and enter your profile username (or URL for 'other') (which you can retrieve as described above).
Sites that let you import your external hCard profile information anytime.
- proofile - Sign up for an account and view the edit profile page, enabling you to import from any hCard annotated URL. Full hCard is supported.
- DandyID - import a hCard supporting url after signing up, for auto-filling user info. DandyID also renders detailed hCards on user profiles.
Sites that let you subscribe to your external hCard profile information anytime.
- None currently.
Sites that support fully delegating to your external hCard profile.
- None currently.
For more information
Want to implement hCard on your site so you can list it here?
See the hCard user profile authoring page for how to mark-up a user profile with hCard.
Join the microformats community, in particular the #microformats IRC channel on irc://irc.freenode.net#microformats and the microformats-dev mailing list, and send a message stating that you'd like to add hCard to the profiles and hCard+XFN supporting friends lists to your website.
Please also consider implementing hCard+XFN friends lists.
See hCard supporting user profiles issues for issues, problems with implementations.