This article is a stub. You can help the microformats.org wiki by expanding it.
<entry-title>2016-06-20 - 11 years of microformats.org!</entry-title>
Today is the 11th birthday of the launch of microformats.org and this past year has been particularly productive for microformats specifications & implementations.
Add anything notable you know of regarding microformats in the past year below, and I'll curate/assemble into a blog post accordingly!
Tantek 16:20, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
New implementations (publishing or parsing), substantial/notable site deployments, etc.
- microformats2 parsing specification spec stable with all outstanding microformats2-parsing-issues resolved (some to-be-edited)
- Switching to GitHub for new issues
- Great progress with new & improved microformats2 parsers!
- microformats2 in the wild grew steadily up to 10,000s+ of sites through IndieWeb adoption and deployments
- Any23 - https://twitter.com/hectorMcSpector/status/645313144676478977
@microformats #apache #any23 now supports Microformats2. I added this to the wiki http://microformats.org/wiki/microformats2#Java … #w00t
- micrometa - https://twitter.com/jkphl/status/725087140581875712
An update of http://micrometa.jkphl.is itself will follow soon (including support for most recent php-mf2) +@microformats
@microformats It feels like microformats, and semantics in general, are dying. Is anyone else still beating these drums?
- spoiler: https://twitter.com/marcosjsramos/status/661756288481652738 -
@microformats what about having an option 'isSpoiler' boolean attribute in the #hReview schema? :)
- u-photo img or parent div: https://twitter.com/moymadethis/status/673842678325448704
@microformats if I have a photo (u-photo), does the class need to be on the img tag or can it be added to parent div. Needed for styling.
Do you like microformats (especially microformats2)? Tell us why! (or feel free to cite/quote others' testimonials in the wild (e.g. from their blog, tweets etc.)
…hmm, looks like I should use a separate meta element: https://schema.org/startDate .
Man, Schema is verbose. @microformats FTW!
@EllisLab , I still prefer @microformats over microdata
@EllisLab @microformats are easier to write, easier to maintain and the code is so much smaller than microdata.
- Bootstrap - https://twitter.com/asuh/status/634131649953927169
@mdo Congrats! Looking forward to iterations. Will you consider supporting @microformats and h-card for your addresses?
I'd like a suite of meta formats built on @microformats along with a common card-based UX that spans device types. https://twitter.com/Recode/status/642327718940405760
Google and Twitter are working on an open source version of "instant articles" http://on.recode.net/1UJCe4L by @pkafka
- leaderboard: https://twitter.com/tobyberesford/status/652160137767968769 -
@microformats @t @glennjones can you help? what microformat could I use for a ranked leaderboard? is it XOXO? e.g. http://t.co/Ol7p5TD4Dx</blokquote>
Tweets and wishes
Anything else notable from the past year of microformats that didn't fit into the above