Engineer at the Yahoo! Developer Network, based in San Francisco.
I am a microformats.org admin. Please contact me with regard to community issues, but if it's a ‘todo’ item, first add it to the To Do page for reference. Also note that my contributions to microformats.org, active work and draft pages represent my views alone and not the microformats admins as a collective.
- Microformats.org administrator
- Responsible for maintenance and development of the microformats.org blog, wiki and other infrastructure.
- Wiki 2.1 updates will probably follow at some point in the next few months, since there are some formatting gaps.
- Issue Tracking is a larger problem for the first half of this year.
- µf activity streaming experiments come soon, too.
- Editor of the include-pattern
- Editor of the Value Class Pattern
Some work that will get proposed to the microformats community once I've written up the proposal for consumption. Be aware that anything you find here will be incomplete, or just brain dumps.
- embed-brainstorming - Can we microformat ‘embed this video/picture/sound/media in your blog post/website’ code snippet?
- User:BenWard/drafts/communcation-preferences-brainstorming - Can we microformat people's communication preferences? e.g. Email invitations to new events, XMPP me about changes to event timing/cancellations, twitter ‘introductions’, have conversations over XMPP, etc.
Work I'm involved with, touched, fiddled with or otherwise contributed to, but not dedicatedly contributing to.
- Co-author and some-time editor of recipe
These things I've done before, but aren't active projects any more:
- Major implementor of hListing draft at Yahoo! (Spring 2007)
- Wrote hCards + XFN themed post on Portal Social Networks, The Building Blocks of a Social Web at Digital Web magazine:
- Personal site at http://benward.me/
- Email ben at benward dot me
- XMPP/Jabber: xmpp://email@example.com
- @benward on Twitter