< User:BenWardJump to navigation Jump to search
Is it possible to represent a user's communication preferences with markup?
- Facebook and other sites store your 'email contact preferences' in their database and periodically lose this information.
- User:Tantek records communication preferences on a communication protocols page] on his personal site.
- Could a communication protocols page be extended to indicate the kinds of information that should be communicated over different mechanisms?
- Could a social network (e.g. Facebook) make your email comm settings publishable that other services could consume?
- Could a web application parse that page to implement/sync default communication settings upon joining/using a service?
- Would you document 'types' of communication? Or include specific services?
- ‘photographs’, ‘events’, ‘mentions of me’
- ‘Flickr’, ‘Upcoming’, ‘Blogger’
- Both? Use types alongside services and allow new services to take cues from preferences from an existing competitor?
- Wordpress would take preferences from Blogger, etc.