Jump to navigation Jump to search
I've made the following changes:
- All links to users had the User: bit inserted.
- I checked to see if the User page already existed under a variation of the linked name.
- Please create redirects instead at the targets of the links to the appropriate User: pages. See updated How to Play. Thanks much for your patience and understanding.
- By doing this, I could go along and put "..." on the User pages. This stops the names from appearing in red, but more importantly, removes that link from the Wanted pages, leaving a cleaner look at really what are the wanted pages.
- It is better that the links remain red. Users (or others) may never figure out that they need to or should replace the "...".
- The Wanted pages list went from ~120 down to ~50.
- It's ok to have a high "wanted pages list".
- The "..." might encourage those users to put something meaningful on their User page.
- I doubt it. If anything, the absence of red links to their names will make it *less obvious* that they should add something to their User page. Tantek 17:45, 1 May 2007 (PDT) (for above nested comments also, please feel free to remove all my comments here and rewrite your user page accordingly.)
- If they do, then the links on the various discussion pages become more useful.
- Note that no links were removed from any pages (that's for someone else with more authority than me to do), just tweaked.
--Gazza 06:10, 1 May 2007 (PDT)