Aggregate Reviews & Ratings
There are various services that provide aggregate ratings and reviews on the Web. How should this information be presented in microformat form? hReview is oriented towards individual reviews with ratings; can it also be used for presenting data from aggregate reviews?
- John Panzer
Links to public web pages, either popular or insightful
- Aggregated from web reviews
- Includes 1-5 stars average rating, # of aggregated reviews, 2 samples of each review text.
- Includes disclaimer: "The selection and placement of reviews on this page were determined automatically by a computer program. No movie critics were harmed or even used in the making of this page."
- Embedded inside other pages
- Numeric 1-5 rating scale only showing aggregate numbers with 2 digit accuracy (3.47)
- Summary of common patterns discovered
- Other attempts to solve The Problem
- Early drafts
- Link to related pages as they become available
- I think that this page from email discussion actually is a non-example: http://webcenter.polls.aol.com/poll?view=69043&pollId=69096 ; it's actually aggregate rankings with numerical weightings, which might lead to an interesting hRanking microformat but I think is out of bounds for an 'aggregate review' discussion.
- - proposal
- Other microformats -- hReview 0.4 (in progress)
- Normative references for tags used