Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page is for brainstorming about ideas, proposals, constraints, requirements for an Attention microformat.
- Tim Brown
- Tantek Çelik
- Eric Hayes
- Rohit Khare
- Kevin Marks
Both Technorati and Attensa have implementation experience with Attention.XML and other attention formats.
Other Attention-like Things
- Hierarchy in the format gets in the way more than it helps
- Need to define a minimally useful subset for ease of implementation and interoperability
- Need to "chunk" any sets of additional data
Goals / Requirements
- Needs to be represent sparse (over time and source) data
- "Blendable" - get an attention "chunk" every day from a source and be able to aggregate the chunks into one attention file.
- Flat by default. Permit hierarchy but don't require it, and don't require parsing of a hierarchy (i.e. allow treating the attention as set of attention items).
Strawman Schema Thoughts
Each Attention Item contains
- last read
- followed links
- read state