Blog description format (background research)
Note: this page has been rewritten/refactored out to other pages to better fit in with the microformats The microformats process. E.g. the following pages have been added to or created:
- blog-description-brainstorming (perhaps simply rename blog-description-format-brainstorming)
A microformat to describe the contents of a (we)blog. It provides a specific set of information to categorize a (we)blog. Enables easier search for humans and efficient collection of information by machines.
Here are some of examples for information that might be provided:
- Details about the blog
- Blog name (e.g: "John Doe's Blog")
- Blog URI (e.g: http://example.org/ )
- Lanuage used for the blog, read-able by machines (e.g: "en-US" or "de")
- Topics covered by the blog
- A short description
- Available feeds (RSS, Atom, etc.)
- A small logo image
- Details about the author(s)
- Name (e.g: "John Doe")
- Contact details
- Geographical Location
Moved to blog-post-examples.
Moved to blog-description-examples.
- blog-description-format-brainstorming for examples on how things could be done.