books /Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 19:10, 22 March 2007 by AndyMabbett (add publcation date)
This page lists books which provide description and documentation of microformats. Most recent first, grouped by year.
- "Microformats: Empowering Your Markup for Web 2.0" by John Allsopp
- Friends of Ed, ISBN 1590598148, March 2007
- Read the Appendix (PDF).
- Introduction to Neogeography by Andrew Turner
- O'Reilly, ISBN 0-596-52995-3, December 2006
- This is a PDF book, part of the O'Reilly Short Cuts series. Covers the ADR and GEO microformats.
- Using Microformats by Brian Suda
- O'Reilly, ISBN 0-596-52817-5, 2006
- This is a PDF book, part of the O'Reilly Short Cuts series. It is a solid introduction to all the established microformats, the history, philosophy and a look at where microformats are headed.
- Web Design In A Nutshell, Third Edition by Jennifer Niederst Robbins. IMPORTANT: This applies to the THIRD EDITION only!
- O'Reilly Media, ISBN 0-59600-987-9, 2006
- Provides an excellent modern standards based foundation for web design that is ideal for understanding microformats, and a whole introductory chapter on microformats as well.
- See also Web Design in a Nutshell, Third Edition (on oreilly.com).
- HTML Mastery by Paul Haine
- Friends of Ed, ISBN 1-59059-765-6, 2006
- Chapter 5, pp. 117-154: Purpose Built Semantics: Microformats and Other Stories.
- Hacking RSS and Atom by Leslie M. Orchard
- Wiley, ISBN 0-76459-758-2, 2005
- The last chapter has a nice section on both publishing and consuming hCalendar events in either a feed or as part of a page. Les has implemented various microformats (hCalendar entry form as a greasemonkey script, XOXO dynamic editing).
- You can find source code for the hCalendar scripts from my book at my site. Look for the files starting with
ch18. Buy the book if you like it! LesOrchard 20:11, 25 Mar 2006 (PST)