All over the web, we see amounts of money, most usually as prices on eCommerce sites, but also in other contexts - salaries in job offers, fines mentioned in news reports and prices in product reviews, for example.
Wouldn't it be useful to be able to have them converted to your local currency, easily and quickly? Or to see the modern equivalent of an historical figure?
Those are just two of the things which a currency microformat might do for you.
The following microformats and efforts might be able to make use of a currency microformat:
- hListing draft - how much for sale / offered
- hReview 0.4 (in progress) - currency range of prices of items
- hResume - managed accounts/budgets in $ amounts
- hProduct - published retail price
- job-listing - salary range