Please add any microformats related events (specifically, events where there will be talks on microformats) you find here, and we'll add them to the hCalendar on the home page. Please also create a page for each specific event, where you can list URLs for the event, event details, create an "Attending" section, link to photos afterwards, etc. (See Microformats panel at W3C Plenary Day for a decent example to mimic/copy-paste). Thanks! -Tantek
There is a separate wiki page for details of presentations.
- YYYY-MM-DD: [[events/YYYY-MM-DD-event-session-title|Event Session Title]]
- YYYY-MM-DD - YYYY-MM-DD: [[events/YYYY-MM-DD-event-session-title|Event Session Title]]
- 2007-05-29 Microformats BoF at Where 2.0 in San Jose
- 2007-06-07 Microformats, Building Blocks, and You at @media Europe at the auditorium in the Business Design Centre, 52 Upper Street, London, UK.
- 2007-06-18 - 2007-06-19 [CV interoperability and exploitation seminar (including hResume Microformat)] at IMI in Paris
- 2007-06-01 - 2007-08-08 Sandbox Designs Competition at www.sndbx.org, based on the Microformats-rich Sandbox theme for WordPress
- 2007-05-25 Microformats, Building Blocks, and You at @media America in San Francisco
- 2007-05-16 Microformats: the nanotechnology of the semantic web at the XTech 2007 conference in Paris.
- 2007-05-10 Microformats skillswap at 28 Kensington Street, Brighton.
- 2007-05-03 - 2007-05-04: WoW workshop: Best Practices of Web Design with Web 2. Now for Everyone at MGM Grand conference center rooms 207-208, Las Vegas, Nevada. Discussing microformats and other modern web design best practices.
- 2007-04-30 Microformats: Data Formats That Put Humans First in room Lando 4204 at the Mix07 Conference in The Venetian, Las Vegas, NV.
- 2007-04-18 Microformats Dinner following Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco.
- 2007-04-18 2pm Microformats for media by Mary Hodder and Kevin Marks at Web 2.0 Open in San Francisco.
- 2007-04-17 1pm Microformats for Web Services and Portable Content by Kevin Lawver at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco.
- 2007-04-17 Microformats: Much more than just promise by John Allsopp, at Web 2.0 Expo in San Francisco.
- 2007-04-05 12:30pm Microformats lunch in South Park with Rohit and "Microformats" book, South Park, San Francisco, CA, USA
- 2007-03-23 Microformats at Stanford
- 2007-03-22 Microformats—the hidden treasure by Dmitry Baranovskiy at the webDU 2007 conference in Sydney, Australia. Presentation slides (PDF 5.1 Mb)
- 2007-03-20: Semantic London, a social gathering for people interested in microformats, SemWeb etc.
- 2007-03-12: The Growth and Evolution of Microformats at South by Southwest Interactive Festival 2007 3/10-13. See also confirmed SXSWi 2007 panels.
- 2007-02-17 - 2007-02-18: Various microformateers were in attendance at BarCampLondon so various microformat related sessions featured. Microformats at BarCampLondon
- 2007-02-07: microformats presentations at Web Directions North - 11:45am-12:45pm "Microformats - The Big Picture" with Tantek Çelik in ballroom I , 1:45pm-3:45pm: "Microformats - more than just promise" with John Allsopp and Dan Cederholm in ballroom II.
- 2007-02-03: how could we use microformats in banks - proposal from Christophe Ducamp (3pm-4pm) - Atelier BnpParibas 29 rue la Pérouse 75116 Paris - France (Métro Etoile)
- 2007-01-27: Los Angeles Microformats Get Together
- 2007-01-18: San Francisco Microformats Dinner 6pm-? @ Nova on 2nd street. Details inside.
- 2007-01-03: Lancement du projet 'Cette Semaine en MicroFormats' in Paris, France.
Quicktime Broadcaster Notes
For setting up a mac laptop with an iSight and QT Broadcaster in order to publish live audio/video from events.
- Make sure you have the necessary equipment and software installed
- Get a broadcast template document from someone (see KevinMarks for example)
- Open that, then change the info in the 'Network' pane that has his name etc in it.
- Check the video and audio panes are using your iSight
- Another tip is that the standalone thingy for the iSight can be more useful than the screen-top one if you have a desk, as that way it picks up less typing noise and wobbles
- I find plugging in headphones is a good idea, as you can then monitor and not get howlround