Jump to navigation Jump to search
Please add any microformats related events (specifically, events where there will be talks on microformats) you find here, and we'll add them to the hCalendar on the home page. Thanks! -Tantek
- 2006-03-01: Microformats panel at W3C Plenary Day
- 2006-03-02: Semantic Web Interest Group meeting at W3C Technical Plenary, specifically, 1.30-3.30pm Dan Connolly on using "GRDDL" to parse microformats
- 2006-03-07: Microformats at O'Reilly ETech
- 2006-03-13: Microformats at SXSW Interactive
- 2006-05-16 - 2006-05-19 XTech 2006 Conference : Microformats tutorial announced
- 2006-05-23: WWE 2006 | 3rd Annual Workshop on the Weblogging Ecosystem - call for papers is now open, and explicitly includes "microformats".
- 2006-05-30 - 2006-05-31 NetSquared: Ryan King has been asked to present on microformats.
Quicktime Broadcaster Notes
For setting up a mac laptop with an iSight and QT Broadcaster in order to publish live audio/video from events.
- Make sure you have the necessary equipment and software installed
- A Macintosh running OSX 10.3.9 or later
- Quicktime 7 - get it from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/
- Quicktime Broadcaster - get it from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/broadcaster/
- An iSight or digital video camera with firewire connection
- Get a broadcast template document from someone (see KevinMarks for example)
- Open that, then change the info in the 'Network' pane that has his name etc in it.
- Check the video and audio panes are using your iSight
- Another tip is that the standalone thingy for the iSight can be more useful than the screen-top one if you have a desk, as that way it picks up less typing noise and wobbles
- I find plugging in headphones is a good idea, as you can then monitor and not get howlround