- 2009-07-25 from 12:00 to 2009-07-26 at 17:00
- Automattic, Pier 38, The Embarcadero between Brannan and Townsend, San Francisco, CA, 94107. View location at latitude:37.782769, longitude:-122.387837
- MUNI: Brannan (N,T)
- BART: Embarcadero station, then take MUNI N-Judah inbound or T-Third inbound to Brannan stop.
- Caltrain: 4th & King st., then take MUNI N-Judah outbound or T-Third outbound to Brannan stop.
- microformatsDevCamp! The first ever microformatsDevCamp, for authors, designers, publishers, developers, engineers building pages, sites, and tools with microformats.
- short URL
microformatsDevCamp, like any BarCamp, needs you!
Sign up to volunteer, attend, design, code, and build with microformats!
Want to help organize and plan the first microformatsDevCamp? Sign up and be sure to pick up a planner role (see below).
- Tantek Çelik - organizing, venue acquisition
- Rohit Khare - venue acquisition
- Chris Messina - intro and kickoff- run the introductory session and help start the microformatsDevCamp with traditional BarCamp intros/3tags and explanation of the BarCamp format.
- Edward O'Connor (Ted) - volunteer coordinator, cleanup
- Lauren Scime
Planners: please see and keep up with the #planner_to_do section!
Like all BarCamps, this event is what it is because of what everyone puts into it. Volunteer to help setup, check people in, get them setup with a name badge, clean up, and help people in general have a good time and get things done.
- Cindy Li - designer, helping with microformatsDevCamp logo design. done!
- full resolution logo: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2460/3726302070_7b834b9443_o.jpg
- on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cindyli/3726302070/
- Beau Lebens - developer, Automattic, [Dented Reality]. I know my way around the venue, so can help sort out power strips, projectors etc
Not sure what is going on but want to design interfaces or build stuff with microformats and want help doing it? Sign up! Add yourself alphabetically sorted by family name. Note your site (with hCard 1.0 if you have it), interests/projects, and tag yourself as a web author, designer, publisher, developer, or several.
Automattic has very graciously agreed to host microformatsDevCamp. The venue has:
- power. power outlets, extension cords, power strips
- 4-5 rooms/meeting areas.
- 3 projectors
- 1 whiteboard.
- sink, water.
As Automattic is donating the venue, as participants it is our responsibility to take excellent care of the venue, leaving it as good or better than we found it.
Some amount of camping overnight at the venue will be possible.
Please use the following tags when tagging related content (blog posts, photos, videos):
tags: #ufdevcamp ufdevcampsf microformats microformatsDevCamp microformatsDevCampSF microformats-meetup BarCamp BarCamp2009 Automattic The-Embarcadero san-francisco upcoming:event=2888376
- !microformats Identi.ca group (aliases: !mf and !uf). Join and address the whole group. Notices to this group can also be tracked from #microformats
Have an idea for a session? Please read What is a DevCamp? and then suggest something or add a "+1" to existing suggestions, and sign your suggestion or opinion with your Username with ~~~
- microformats and user sign-up user interface - how can importing and subscribing to hCards help make user sign-up easier and thus get more users signed up quicker? Tantek
- using hCard to build a self-updating address book - in the search for an address book/contact list that actually stays up to date, hCard may be the key. Beau Lebens
Please create a wiki page for any session you lead or attend and link to it from here.
Blog posts about the meetup. Newest first.
microformatsDevCamp is one of several microformats Microformats events.
- upcoming and recent events
- events in 2012
- events in 2011
- events in 2010
- events in 2009
- events in 2008
- events in 2007
- events in 2006
- Template for an individual event page
- I'm free most weekends through till the end of August. --Lauren Scime 17:20, 10 July 2009 (UTC-7)
We need the following roles and responsibilities to be picked up by planners!
- sponsors - for food, t-shirts
- t-shirts (get estimate, make sure to order in time for the event, I think Ben Ward may be working on this - check with him)
- food - coordinate / match up sponsors with meals and make sure the meals arrive and are setup for the attendees
- setup - be in charge of setup the day of, coordinate with venue on setup plenty of time *before* the start of the camp! setup: power cords, power strips, calendar grid for sessions, tables and chairs in rooms/meeting areas, projectors
- volunteer coordinator - recruit and organize volunteers the day of the event to help out with food, setup
- cleanup - enlist help of volunteers and all devCamp participants to help with cleanup
If you're a planner, please pick up and move one or more of these roles/responsibilities to your name above. Thanks!
- Make design
- collecting some donations for microformatsDevCamp at microformats.org 4th birthday party!
- Figure out rough budget
- Find sponsors for each item
Food and drink
- Lunch Saturday - sponsored by ____________
- Dinner Saturday - sponsored by ____________
- Social Event (Sat. night)? - sponsored by __________
- Breakfast Sunday - sponsored by __________
- Lunch Sunday - sponsored by ___________