Difference between revisions of "events/2012-07-21-cascadesf"
(→Notes: add Q&A from Etherpad)
(→Tweets and Testimonials: https://twitter.com/AlisonVoss/status/227505644234735616)
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
== Tweets and Testimonials ==
== Tweets and Testimonials ==
Revision as of 20:55, 23 July 2012
<entry-title>Innovators of the Web Conference</entry-title>
One of several microformats Microformats events.
- 2012-07-21 from 9:30 to 18:00
- Adobe HQ, 601 Townsend St., San Francisco, CA 94103
- Innovators of the Web Conference
Innovators of the Web Conference
Innovators of the Web Conference - featuring a session on microformats2:
- - Microformats in HTML5 and microformats2: the next evolutionary step for web data
- location: Adobe HQ, 601 Townsend, SF, CA
microformats are published on millions of sites, providing a standard simple API for the data on those pages with no additional URLs, file formats, callbacks etc. Similar approaches have been tried as well (e.g. RDFa, microdata).
Lessons learned over 8 years have been incorporated into new HTML5 elements and microformats 2.0 for better accessibility, more efficient markup, improved semantics and a direct mapping to JSON for API and other data consumers.
Use the following tags on related content (blog posts, photos, tweets): tags: html5-microformats2 html5 microformats2 microformats innovatecon innovatecon2012 cascadesf cascadesf2012 san-francisco microformats-session microformats-session-2012-07-21
If you use Twitter, mention @microformats in tweets about the event, and track them on Twitter Search.
- Tantek Çelik
- … add yourself here!
- Search for photographs from this event on Flickr: Photographs tagged microformats-meetup-2012-07-21 or for all photographs from microformats meetups.
Add a photograph from this event here.
Notes from https://etherpad.mozilla.org/cascadesf :
Questions from @joshuarudd on the Etherpad:
- Q: How long until we can use *just* Microformats 2 classes?
- A: For simple single-element pieces of data, go ahead and use just microformats2.
- Q: Do services like Google already support them?
- A: microformats Microformats Parsers developers are currently working on updating their code to add microformats2 support in the next 6 months. Google doesn't support microformats2 yet, however, they've shown a desire to support multiple formats, including microformats, microdata, and various versions of RDFa, thus it's likely they would support microformats2 as well when it's starts to see rising adoption.
Articles and Blog Posts
Articles and blog posts following up on the meetup. Add a link to your post in the list below:
Tweets and Testimonials
Most recent first:
— alison voss (@AlisonVoss) 2012-07-23 20:49:07+00:00
@t I’d been wanting to get caught up w/ where you guys were. Thanks for the link/pres.
— bsletten (@bsletten) 2012-07-21 21:28:45+00:00
— Lance Shields (@lancesh) 2012-07-21 21:28:08+00:00
@t this was a great talk. Definitely some stuff I’m going to use on my current/future projects.
— Paul Grock (@paulgrock) 2012-07-21 21:25:59+00:00