A list of extensions for the FireFox web browser, which detect or extract microformats.
Operator has rapidly found favour with microformat developers (not least for its functions as a validator) and end-users. It provides an architecture for microformat parsing which is likely to be incorporated into the core of future versions of FireFox.
The following niggles are thus relatively minor:
- Bug: new links (from other apps) are opened in new Firefox windows rather than new tabs.
- Fixed in next release: See IRC conversation of 2006-01-05
- Bug: tab bar is hidden when only one tab open
- Fixed in next release: See developer's blog comment (5th item down)
- Not implemented: fn optimization
- Fixed in next release.
- Not implemented: include pattern (other than for hCard)
- Will be fixed in a future release
While the Web Developer extension includes no microforamt-specific tools, it has several which greatly aid microformat publishers, not least the ability to display
abbr values in-line.
- Tails Export
- Not yet compatible with FireFox 2.0+
- plans to include microformats; see: Blue Organiser blog post about plans to use microformats
- Will consider adding rel in a future update.
Mozilla are "brainstorming" developments for Firefox 3.0 and beyond, and have a page on microformat handling