Geo Examples In The Wild
This section is informative.
The following sites have published Geo microformats, outside their normal context of hCards or hCalendars, and thus are a great place to start for anyone looking for examples "in the wild" to try parsing, indexing, organizing etc., in addition to the in many hCard examples in the wild and hCalendar examples in the wild. If you find Geos outside of hCards / hCalendars anywhere else, feel free to add them to the top of this list.
Pages with live Geo can use this button (see Microformats Buttons for any recent additions):
- Forum Energies RÃ©seaux uses geo data, among others, to help users pinpoint the exact location of the tradeshow.
- NASCESKYRAJ.CZ uses hCards geo tag for exactly location specification of every accomodation object in Bohemian Paradise, Czech republic
- okTravel Sydney Features geo microformat data for various places across Australia.
- MapQuest Local uses hCards for locations, hCalendar for events and supports the draft Geo format when lat/lng data is provided. See Microformat Support on MapQuest Local for more information.
- LocalHero (localhero dot biz) A local search which returns it search results in geo microformat (as well as many other microformats).
- Altos Research LLC Provides geo microformat data for each city-specific real estate research pages.
- Dance Federation Salsa Dancing & Jive Dancing Lessons and Events Directory for classes, lessons and events users hcalendar and geo for events and lessons.
- Locify - geo location of stored places by users from mobile client
- Upcoming.org - geo location of event
- Yahoo! Local - geo location of businesses, services, and events
- TripIt - Each trip in the TripIt contact list of your connections is marked up with geo markup.
- TripSailor.com sailing community site features Geo for worldwide marina guide and hReview for reviews. See Lymington Marina with reviews
- ShareMyRoutes.com uses geo microformat descriptions of waypoints and photos, and has geo formatted download of route information, e.g.Dalby Forest Red Route
- tilaphos blog uses geo microformats for pointing to burnt areas recorded with a GPS and shown on a Google map. In Greek language. Other pages using geo microformats: map and full page map
- Map My Tracks uses Geo microformats for the starting points of individual tracks created by mobile phone GPS tracking. See: Elsenham Golf course
- Warmoth Guitar Products Customer Gallery features Geo microformats on the individual guitar detail pages. Example: Patrick Abbot's Guitar
- BBC World Service Bangladesh River Journey a social network mashup, uses Geo with hAtom entries. See Dharmafly blog discussion.
- GPSies.com uses Geo markup to show start and endpoint of a track.
- Christian Hess uses Geo to indicate where pictures in his photo gallery where taken, such as here and here.
- Txioka has support for Geo and hCalendar microformats, parses twitter messages with twitter nanoformats and converts to geo and hcalendar.
- NaviTraveler, e. g. Lincoln Memorial.
- Response in under 12 hours, to advocacy request - Andy Mabbett
- Caving in the Settle Area uses Geo to mark up the U.K. NGR for cave locations.
- Great Circle Mapper ("GCM"; e.g. sample GCM trip, BHX on GCM)
- Creation design & marketing has Geo microformat on the contact information.
Wikipedia now has a template, hcard-geo, for in-line hCards with coordinates, using Geo, such as that on Engine Arm
- LogOn.ie have added Geo (and hCard) to their contact page.
- www.davidosbornephotography.co.uk has implemented Geo on all location photography pages; eg. Callanish Stones
- Wikipedia-IT now has Geo on all pages using the coord template, e.g. Messina. Andy Mabbett 07:05, 26 May 2007 (PDT)
- 'Area' pages on Wholemap, summarizing the photos, videos, etc... for a specific area, now have Geo codes - Niagara Falls, for example May 10, 2007
- The Italian Wikipedia, for example Genova (Genoa)
- Geo has been added to all of Socialight's Sticky Notes - here's an example: 
- The Bay of Islands site has Geo on its main page, and all photo pages. Example: photo of Edgewater Apartments
- I've added geo to all images tagged in Wikimedia Commons using decimal values. Example: Montreal City Hall, Jan 2006 Andy Mabbett 08:54, 12 Apr 2007 (PDT)
- Now on pages tagged in D-M-S also.
- Spotstor.com - e.g.  uses Geo for all coordinates displayed on the site.
- Panoramio - e.g. 
- Wikipedia-NL now has Geo on all its map-links pages, e.g. maps for Wikipedia-NL article on Birmingham
- Called from 87,724 article pages as of 2006-04-09; reportedly the sixth most popular website in the Netherlands .
- I recently added Geo to Wikipedia-DE's map link pages e.g. maps for Wikipedia-DE article on Birmingham. Andy Mabbett 14:27, 9 Apr 2007 (PDT)
- I've just added Geo to OpenStreetMap documentation pages - see Birmingham page on OpenStreetMap for example. Andy Mabbett 02:39, 6 Apr 2007 (PDT)
- I've just added Geo to Wikipedia's GeoTemplate which is called by many thousands of other Wikipedia pages. Example: the coordinates (top right) in  link to ; the latter now has a Geo microformat. Andy Mabbett 03:38, 30 Mar 2007 (PDT)
- jillesvangurp.com provides an xsl stylesheet to transform Google Earth place-marks (KMZ files) into html with nested lists of Geo formatted places. Several examples are provided.
- Geograph British Isles has experimental support for geos on 350,000+ photo pages, for example http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1234
- POI66 has over 58,500 waypoints Geo-formatted, many describing trails e.g Mijn pelgrimstocht naar Santiago
- 3AM Productions has published coordinates of cities both in and outside the context of hCards under Jason's and Gil's pages.
- Wikitravel now has the facility to add co-ordinates for the subject of the article, and publishes them as a Geo microformat - e.g. Wikitravel - Birmingham; see The announcement.
- Flickr now supports the geo microformat on all geotagged photos. Within 11 days of launch there are now over 3,000,000+ photos (as of 2006-09-07) marked up with the "geo" microformat.
- ocono.com has marked each of it's "Upcoming Events" items with latitude/longitude values.
- Harry Chen has marked up his geo location
- Multimap.com uses Geo to mark up latitude and longitude values on map pages.
- Pete Prodoehl geotags posts on his blog.
- 07.pagesd.info uses Geo to mark up latitude and longitude values for each commune of the ArdÃ¨che dÃ©partement in France.
- OpenGuides has support for Geo in svn, and for now you can see it in action on the Cotswolds OpenGuide
- Annuaire Djerba uses Geo to mark up Lat/Long values for some listed services in Directory.
Examples with some problems
Entries may be moved here if there's a problem with the way Geo is used on the page concerned. If the page is yours, and you want to improve it, see the hCard & Geo FAQ, or raise any queries on hCard & Geo Issues or the mailing list, where people will be happy to help you.
- Wikipedia-EN templates_generating_Geo
- hidden - for example List of Minnesota state parks
- Bar Camp Block
- Geo uses integer values; displayed text also has minutes and seconds
- Dan Connoly's Index of Events has a few Geos
- Two of the Geos are invalid because they use commas instead of semicolons
- Geo cheatsheet
- Geo examples
- geo formats - previous/other attempts at geo related formats
- Geo brainstorming - brainstorms and other explorations relating to Geo (and Geo in hCard).
- see also hCard brainstorming
- Geo advocacy - encourage others to use Geo.
- Geo examples in the wild
- Geo forms part of hCard 1.0, so please use:
- location-formats - research which led to the development of Geo.
- proposed extensions
- Geo profile - draft